Friday, February 10, 2023

Kiwi caipiroska










Golden hands
Can pour no wrong.
With a pinch of salt
We forget all their faults
I sip my kiwi caipiroska
Willing to take me back in time
To places which only existed in my mind
Where the golden sun
Didn’t hate the silver moon
Every day was a noon
Akin to a silver spoon.
Next round please
This time add pepper and honey
Maybe a few notes of mahogany
I’m gonna scream a symphony
A woman’s baritone
A man’s lullaby
World shouldn’t make sense
Should words?
Just get me the whole pitcher.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds divine! I had to look up kiwi capiroska – which sounded even more divine. I like the fact that the drink itself becomes your recipe for delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound so good. I love "I'm gonna scream a symphony."

    ReplyDelete

Constructive criticism is the lifeblood of any work!