Sunday, April 21, 2024

Nimbu paani

 

What does April mean to me?

To start at the beginning

A bit cliché

Summer Holidays!

Gully Cricket and lemon juice

Life didn’t give us lemons back then

Only lemon juice

And boy how we drank it!

Not a care in the world

Sticky mess all over



once white shirts and

Broken beach castles and sand filled shoes

You should also know that

April in Chennai was a month of heat

A month to quite literally sink in your teeth

And grab a juicy bite of watermelon or mango

That’s how life tasted like.

 

April is also the month

When I stumbled upon writing

26th April 2010

A blog was born.

I felt the joy of creating something

My digital Disneyland

Every post a joyride

Traversing as per my thoughts.

 


April later still remains a month of joy

Albeit filled with chaos.

A period of gold rush

Before the courts close for may .

I still experience summer holidays

Albeit mixed with the beginning of the new financial year.


 

April has now made a full circle.

The month I again established something

Which will hopefully remain immortal

Like this blog.

My new law firm

Saaki Legal estd 15.04.2024

A watermelon or mango of love, labour and joy!

 

Nimbu Paani means lemonade/ lemon water in Hindi. 

Inspired by PU's weekly prompt 'April' 

Been a while but now you know why. Will post and visit you all more henceforth!



 

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations on your new law firm! And I love your joyous memories of summer holidays – very like my own, even though here April is a different season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A most delightful post!!! You made summer feel like all of my favorites thru the years! Especially the lemon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting writing and so full of life. Well Done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Digital Disneyland & joyride indeed!
    Many congratulations & best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes to you and you're beautiful blog! Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post! Congratulations on your blog anniversary.

    ReplyDelete

Constructive criticism is the lifeblood of any work!