Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Resolution

 Reclaim

Rekindle

Rebirth 

A beautiful prompt for the new year 2023 by Poet's and storyteller's  united 


Resolution


Rising from water

I rinse my soul

Of uncleanly remnants

Belonging to a rabid past.

 

I emerge calmer than

the wind which breathed

Life to my nose

Regaling gales which knocked

my wind before

will just leave my soul sour

I pledge to do that no more.

 

Fresh start

From ashes apart

Will bear fruit

Only if you stop being everyone’s favorite fool

Be ugly, Be astute.

 

 

 

 

7 comments:

  1. Nice poem I love 'emerging calmer then the wind..'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice guys don't win after all in this world.
    Your link, "semsemism", isn't really in head's word base
    and I can't find it in google? You use the label link a lot though?
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rinsing of the soul sounds refreshing. This made me wonder if perhaps one person's favorite fool is another person's wise man sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cleansed of other people's foolishness fumes. I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the refreshening happening in this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting that others seem to have been directed to a different link. I've been consistenty directed to semimeanderings from your links, but often don't find the linked poem here! I like the image of the person trying too hard to be liked as "everyone's favorite fool."

    ReplyDelete

Constructive criticism is the lifeblood of any work!